Saturday, March 28, 2015

daisies at the dairy

My husband and I are dairy farmers in Missouri. And while we grow plenty of crops and feed lots of cows, we also like to see flowers in bloom and our garden flourish. 

It may also be why I've gone a little overboard with buying seeds this year. 

Oops. 

But until our daisies are growing and our clematis is climbing, until the morning glory is winding its way around hedge posts and the bachelors' buttons are blowing in the breeze, we'll stick with the daisies that don't require any fertilizer, water or sunshine: the Pyrex kind! 



{Translation: the best kind.} 

I don't mind planting succulents in Pyrex, but this daisy print gets used often enough that I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It's too yellow! Too fun! Too perfect for spring and summer!

What's your favorite piece of daisy print Pyrex?


1 comment:

  1. love the Daisy,also. We live in the neighboring stat of WI. Have dairy farmers down the road.I'm just needing the largest Daisy bowl, and almost completed the fridge set. I started collecting 2 yrs. ago and find it very hard to find at thrift stores now. I'm working to complete my bowl sets.

    ReplyDelete